Review: Giro Standard Racer Socks

Cycling socks are one of those things...some people have to have them, others will say they are a rip-off and what is wrong with cotton tennis socks?
I'm somewhere in between; OK £10 is a lot to spend on a pair of socks, but they do make a difference. So I have a few pairs of these quality Giro cycling socks which I use for racing and big summer rides...when the added comfort really matters.

The Giro Standard Racer sock is a mid-market offering...fairly 'standard' among the exciting cycling sock market as the name suggests.

  • It is made of CoolMax fabric to keep your feet cool on a hot summer's day
  • It has a cooler mesh upper panel to help regulate temperature
  • They seem to be wearing well, with a more durable fabric on the heels and toes
  • They have an average size cuff - certainly not a euro-style high-rise, but a good length to be comfortable, with enough elasticity to stay put.
I don't think there's much more to say about these socks; they do the job very well. I would say it is well worth investing in a few pairs for those hot summer days...which we long to think about.

Put them on the Christmas List; everyone gets socks for Christmas...they may as well be cycling ones!

Available from Wiggle Bike Shop (Link)


Comments

  1. Cheers for the tip Tim. As an anti tip I'd say dont buy Fox socks. I used a pair for half my 24hr race and they slipped but worse they had a hole in them at the toe end two rides later. I've had x-socks for years and are going a bit thread bare but no holes!

    Had fox gloves only last me 6 months too so I think they have lost my custom from now on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SwissStop Disc Brake Pads Comparison Test Review – Are All Disc Brake Pads Made Equal?

Recipe – The Ultimate High Energy Flapjacks

Review – Selle Italia SLR Boost Gravel Superflow Saddle S3

Review – TRP Spyre SLC Cable Disc Brakes

Review – Scicon Aerocomfort 3.0 TSA Road Bike Bag